Time and again I see enquiries posted on Facebook crafting groups by people seeking solutions for adhering vellum to their card projects.
Well Stampin' Up!s multipurpose adhesive sheets are a brilliant solution. They are so easy to use and make working with vellum a doddle.
I decided I wanted to make some circular cards yesterday and this project of a little 3 x 3 inch card with a coordinated envelope was "born". Oh, and I did as I said in a previous post ...... I experimented with heat embossing those gorgeous free Sale-A-Bration wooden Butterfly Elements. I embossed it with gold embossing powder. The gold embossing powder took on an antique gold appearance after being heat embossed. Maybe this is a chemical reaction to the wood?
I am chuffed to bits with this project - it's just so diddy and pretty and I do love the way the envelope turned out.
For the card base I took a piece of 6 x 3 card stock (well just a shade over 3 inches wide) and scored at 3.
Then I selected a scalloped circle, large enough to just fit within my square card base, from my Layering Circle Framelits. I laid a small section over the card fold and part die cut it.
You will see that I also cut a separate scallop circle in the photo above. I adhered the separate circle over my card base as shown.
I cut a 3 x 12 piece of vellum from the Floral Romance Specialty DSP pack and adhered this to a strip of the multipurpose sheet - see photo below:-
I then selected the second largest of the circles from my Stitched Shapes Framelits, and this is where the multipurpose adhesive sheets came into their own. I cannot recommend highly enough what an useful addition these sheets are to your craft stash. I placed my circle die onto the Vellum adhered to the Multipurpose Sheet and ran it through my big shot and voila ! When you remove the backing, you have a nice big round vellum sticker ! This was stuck seemlessly to my card base and then I just decorated my pretty little card.
For the envelope, the technique is pretty much the same really. I cut a piece of my vellum with the adhesive backing large enough to cover the reverse piece of my little 3 x 3 envelope. I removed the backing and adhered the vellum as shown. Then I replaced the backing onto the sticky side of the vellum. This allowed me to cut around the envelope panel, without my scissors sticking to the vellum.
And there you have it - one perfectly presented card and envelope in vellum, all nice and pristine with none of the usual problems associated with trying to used adhesives that look unsightly through the vellum.
This technique works with any of your card stock obviously, and is brilliant for more intricate pieces, like words and delicate shapes, but its like magic when used on vellum, which I know is some crafters' Achilles heel.
I hope you found that useful and will consider giving it a try. It's such a simple, yet effective technique for vellum projects.
Well that's it from me for today. Thank you for visiting and I hope you will return for more tips, advice and creative projects from me.
Happy crafting and bye for now.